Saturday 2 May 2015

Welcome To My Kitchen!



Hello there! And welcome to my blog! Chances are you have either stumbled across this site completely randomly, by mistake or through various social media like my pictures on Pinterest.
WAIT! Before you decide to click off let me take this opportunity to introduce myself and tell you a little bit about me and this little blog you have come across!

Hi! Nice to meet you! First thing is first my name is Crissy, I am 21 and live in the UK, have a keen interest in artist pursuits such as photography, sketching, painting and creative writing and of course not to leave out the main thing here…food!

I have created this blog to document a rather monumental thing going on in my life right now, I have finally moved out of my parents’ house in mainland Blighty and in with my other half in the valleys of Wales! “How does that relate to food?” I hear you ask? Well the answer to that is very simple! My mum taught me to be able to cook for myself at quite a young age and I have always had in interest in cooking meals and baking….however I have never been in charge of this one particular task.

You see as much as my other half is one talented little munchkin when it comes to anything technical and will do everything in his power to look after me….apart from cooking! Don’t get me wrong he can cook and look after himself BUT he is a student with no prior cooking experience….this results in me having a massive nervous breakdown whenever he goes near the hobs.

So I have taken it upon myself to feed my beloved, banish instant noodles as an actual dinner and start cooking tasty, healthy dishes which we can both enjoy! On top of that I wanted this to be a place to document the whole moving process so expect to see me trying (and probably failing!) at traditional local recipes, photography of the local area and I may even rope my other half into this journey with me by teaching him some culinary skills!

Any of that interest you at all? If so please stick around as I intend to cover everything from teaching a student how to cook without burning the flat down, shopping on tight budgets, different diets and of course it wouldn’t be my blog without throwing in some silliness in here too! So expect to hear about some of my greatest kitchen failures (like the time I forgot how to use a microwave), watch me try to make things for the first time and if anything just come along on this journey with me!

Thank you so much for taking the time to read about me and what this blog represents to me, if you have any suggestions on recipes I should try, places I should go or things I could do here in South Wales then please leave me a comment below and I will do my best to put up content here which everyone from students to seniors can enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment